Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To send or not to send?

Dating Dilemmas.

I'm newly single for the first time in 2 years and...dating is the worst. The absolute worst. When I meet new guys and have that first crucial conversation, I am often (if not always) disappointed. The newest phenomena I've been encountered over and over again is the text message saying, "Can you send me a pic of you?"

Now, I always respond No. Just that one word and press "send". One guy responded with "Well, I guess you don't want to go out with me either". Well, not anymore, no. That night he invited me to a place called "The CrackPot". As if I want to go anywhere named Crackpot. He hasn't called since I gave him another no. Thank, God.

I met another guy down at the Baltimore Harbor. He was playing the sax... I think. Some instrument. We talked for a while and he seemed genuinely interesting. We exchanged numbers and then, as I walked off, he called back to me. "Can I take a pic of you in your outfit?" he asked. Once again, I responded with my ever-handy No. I don't need to tell you how that ended.

#MyOnlyQuestionIs What is this? Am I the only one being asked for pictures of myself? Do you ladies send them off? Don't we all have Facebook? I've got pics on there. He can look at my profile pic if he needs to. OR.. he can see me in person. How about asking me on a date instead of for a picture. Bizarre.

Asking me to send you a pic #UNDATEABLE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment