Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hard to Read.

"You ain't needy, greedy, needy or easy as these other breezy's."
T.I. in Drake's "Fancy"


    On one of my nerd days, I picked up Ogilvy's "On Advertising" and came across a passage on how black lettering on white background is easier to read than black on white. With that said, I'm forcing you to read my blog in the more difficult way.

      Perhaps I want this blog to be difficult to read. I don't want people to breeze through this (or any of my writing for that matter) with ease, forgetfulness or disdain.  I reread my own blogs and notice the typos and grammatical errors. Some I fix, but those that don't affect the readability stay. I dont have the time nor the mind-space to focus on you. Sorry, but as I said in my first post ever, "The Grand Unveiling", this act of writing is for me. Not for you. With that said, I think some blogs should be difficult. Especially mine. (Maybe a new genre of writing called "Requires Thinking.") My blog is as hard to read as I should be.  Additionally, as difficult as my fellow women should be.

    "But now the next time we chill shit can happen lol" was the text I got from a friend this morning. Last night, she was debating whether she should fuck on the first date. It's always a no in my book, but... to each his own. Problem is, EVERYONE would know if she did. That I guarantee.  Us women shouldn't make ourselves so accessible.  From my experience, it seems that the ease makes men lose interest and gain a sense of entitlement over you. The same sense of entitlement that causes one to floor the gas in your car because it's yours. You can damage your own property, so what?

      If you read my blog from last night, "Celibacy", (I'm not as bad a drunk blogger as I thought! Lol) you'll read that I sent out some unreturned texts last night. Today, there are a lot of texts I'm not returning. Am I the only one that remembers The Golden Rule?

   I typically don't speak on behalf of anyone but myself, but Ladies, yall need somebody to have your backs. Here it goes:

From my Ladies to the Fellas: You will NOT respond to me when YOU find it best. You will think of me first. You will give me the attention I need and deserve. I will not be pushed to the side or treated anything close to second rate. I understand my worth, and trust, I will show it to you. You do not own me. No one does.  No one will. If you want this, this is going to be hard. Very hard, indeed. Cuz I ain't easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment